Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Advent Mood

I'm going to start this blog off on a positive note: life's pretty crappy right now. I'm in a transitional phase. Things are changing, and it's been a rather interesting first semester.

Life's never quite what you expected; can I get an amen? I guess if it was expected it would be rather boring. Currently, I am single, (which I would have thought to be an impossibility had you asked me in August), just finished my first semester of college with all A's (Score!), am contemplating switching from a Youth Ministry to Psychology major, and am spending the Christmas break at my grandparent's home in beautiful Fostoria, OH. (Come for the trains, stay because you've been shot in the spleen!)

I'm constantly made more aware of my need for a Savior. I feel pretty bound and far from Home right now. Much like in our Christian calendar, I'm in a somewhat dark, reflective phase right now, but I feel that hope is coming, and has come. This time is difficult, but it won't be here forever.

To this phase of my life, I say: "The Sun will set for you!" (A special thank you goes out to Linkin Park for a song that's pretty sweet.)

No comments: