Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer Series: Entry 1

This begins what will be a series of questions that I have had and am currently discussing with a few friends. I'd love to have your feedback. I have some ideas of my own on these, but I'm genuinely interested in what you will have to add to the discussion. No real theme to these. Just honest questions of a 20 year old college student.

What role does/should the bible play in our lives?

How much authority should we give the bible?

Is the Bible fallible? How do you define fallibility?

Why are you a Christian?

6 comments:

Daniel Coutz said...

Hey Justin,
I started an answer but it started getting long so I didn't want to clog up your blog. So I will respond with a post of my own and you can read it if you want.

J.S. said...

One day, I'd like to actually know what you think about these things, in a definitive manner, especially your questions about authority and scripture.

Brian Miller said...

Questions I've had, too. I don't think I've chased down answers, although I do have thoughts on them. I'd like to know what you think sometime. And I'd also like to know what you think, Mike, if you get the chance.

:::: Travis Keller :::: said...

do you really want a response to all four of those questions in one post? your blogger does not have enough bandwidth.

J.S. said...

*cough*newpost*cough*

Anonymous said...

Justin,

Either in person or in text, I too, would love to hear how your thoughts have processed on these questions. I too have been wondering for some time about these. I have even put some of the thoughts into writing in an attempt to hammer things out.

If I never get to hear these things from you, I hope you will know that I appreciate you asking the questions. It seems that many people do not allow folks to questions these things. I sometimes wonder if it is because they (1) have not ever thought about it and/or (2) they are afraid of the answers they will find. Thanks for asking in the face of those who prefer you not.